[Peace-discuss] Beheading Lincoln

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Feb 14 08:35:04 CST 2009

...proceeding from the preceding from sublime to ...er...less subtle...

Beheading the Great Messiah
Karen DeCoster
Feb 12, 2001

Abraham Lincoln, as most of us were told in Mr. Smith’s 9^th -grade
history class, was a God-sent savior, a brilliant, articulate, and
diversity-loving individual, and the Messiah of the great "Union." Most
of us were brainwashed on enchanting quotations from the "great man from
the little log cabin." This week celebrates his birthday, and may he be
remembered for what he truly was. So let me begin a short and biased
Lincoln diatribe, and may it rattle Abe’s grave and leave him forever
unsettled.

Lincoln was a ruthless dictator of the most contemptible sort. A
conniving and manipulative man, and a scoundrel at heart, he was nowhere
near what old guard historians would have us believe.

Lincoln has been transformed into the indomitable icon of the
American Union. But yet, this beast ruled the country by presidential
decree,exercised dictatorial powers over a free people, and proceeded to
wage war without a declaration from Congress. Lincoln blocked Southern
shipping ports, justifying his actions by saying "he would enforce all
laws and collect all revenues due the North." The blockades were an act
of war. He set his Northern Army upon the South at Fort Sumter, and set
in motion one of the most brutal attacks ever upon freedom by
maneuvering the South into firing the first shot at their Northern
aggressors.

However, Mr. Smith’s textbook would have us believe that Lincoln was a
preservationist of sorts, a man dedicated to preserving the grandeur of
State ideals. Most 9^th -graders don’t have the intellect to ask what is
so glorious about State ideals. Instead, they absorb just enough to make
it into ignorant adulthood. In fact, if they had questioned these
teachings, they would have discovered that Lincoln was a consummate con
man, manipulator, and a State-serving miscreant.

In the march through Georgia during Lincoln’s War of Northern
Aggression, he and Sherman carved out a murderous campaign, maiming
innocent civilians and setting a precedent for the next century’s bloody
genocides that followed. A fine exemplar was he, the Communists might say.

As if the pure evil of the war to subjugate the Southern states
struggling for independence was not unscrupulous enough, Lincoln was
hardly the watchman of the black race as portrayed by Mr. Smith’s
ninth-grade history text, either. Lincoln had no fondness for the black
man, and in fact, often spoke with the candor of that which would make
him a modern-day racist of satanic proportions.

As Lincoln scholar Tom DiLorenzo points out, Lincoln believed there was
an inherent inequality between the black and white race, and held a
conviction that a "superior position" should be assigned to the white
man over the black man due to this political and social inequality.
David Duke was forever browbeaten for muttering anything even resembling
this.

Any good historian at least understands that his goal was not to free
the slaves, as DiLorenzo correctly states. In 1862, Lincoln published a
letter stating, "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the
Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save
the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save
it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by
freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. What I do
about slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to
save the Union."

Lincoln was the darling candidate of the moneyed industrialists of
the North. At the core of his political tenets was a government of high
import taxes, and his Republican party, whom he lead, passed the Morrill
tariff into law soon after taking office. To quote DiLorenzo, Lincoln
"even promised in his First Inaugural Address to launch an invasion of
any state that failed to collect its share of tariffs." He was
committing himself to collecting customs in the South, even if that
meant they would secede. The free-market economics of the South were up
for assault.

Lincoln signed ten more tariff-raising bills throughout his agonizing
administration. He manipulated the American public into the first income
tax, he handed out huge land grants and monetary subsidies to
transcontinental railroads (corporate welfare), and he took the nation
off the gold standard, allowing the government to have absolute control
over the monetary system. Then, he virtually nationalized the banking
system under the National Currency Acts in order to establish a machine
for printing new money at will and to provide cheap credit for the
business elite. This mercantilist tyrant ushered in central banking, our
greatest economic curse to this day.

Furthermore, his "New Army" and the slaughter effort on the South put
into motion an unprecedented profusion of federal coercion against free
citizens, both North and South. By way of conscription, he assembled a
vast army by presidential decree, an act of flagrant misconduct
which drafted individuals into slavery to the federal government.
Additionally, any war dissenters or advocates of a peaceful settlement
with the South were jailed, and, as even Mr. Smith knows, Habeus Corpus
was abolished for the duration of the war. He then tossed into the
slammer as many as 30,000 civilians WITHOUT due process of law for
reasons of criticizing the Lincoln administration, and suppressed
HUNDREDS of newspapers that did not support his war effort.

After his Army stopped secession in its tracks, Lincoln created
provisional courts sympathetic to Northern aggression, invented the
office of Military Governor, and issued the Emancipation Proclamation,
which became a propaganda tool for historians in later years, though it
did not free the slaves in Northern-controlled areas.

All said, Lincoln was a ruthless dictator and he set the precedent for
what is known as the "Imperial Presidency." He was the most evil,
damaging, aggressive, abominable, and destructive president ever to defy
American liberty. Happy Birthday, Abe.