[Peace-discuss] This is interesting!

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Thu Feb 19 10:47:50 CST 2009

The laisser-faire capitalists  must have a special definition of their own
for nationalism so as to be able to promote it when it is in their interests
without lessening their condemnation when it is in the interests of the
ordinary man in the street.  I particularly like the qualification
"temporary" which I take to mean until you get the banks to the point that
they will be profitable for the corporate elite to be given them back so
that they can continue to acquire wealth for their own private good.

One only discovers how truly strange the rules of the neocon economic world
is when it fails and starts to come apart.

Greenspan Backs Bank Nationalization

http://www.truthout.org/021909N

Krishna Guha and Edward Luce, The Financial Times: "The US government may
have to nationalise some banks on a temporary basis to fix the financial
system and restore the flow of credit, Alan Greenspan, the former Federal
Reserve chairman, has told the Financial Times. In an interview, Mr
Greenspan, who for decades was regarded as the high priest of laisser-faire
capitalism, said nationalisation could be the least bad option left for
policymakers. 'It may be necessary to temporarily nationalise some banks in
order to facilitate a swift and orderly restructuring,' he said. 'I
understand that once in a hundred years this is what you do.'"