[Peace-discuss] Re: Nuisance Ordinance and Racism

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Jan 4 09:38:59 CST 2009

You certainly seem to be far more cynical and far more willing to settle
for a lot less than I am,
and certainly more willing to surrender your personal liberties to the
(I'll say it again) iron thumb.
I am surprised to find you and Ricky both defending the status quo in
Urbana.
> Laurel, despite her privileged life, is surprisingly UNpompous and
> UNarrogant.
Really!!!!?????  You've GOT to be kidding.

She is the most pompous and arrogant person that I know and certainly
one of the most pompous I have ever
had the misfortune to have met.  I dont know what draws a serpent like
her into a backwater like Urbana.
She is obviously someone "Not from around here".

I perceive Laurel Lunt Prussing as a sort of post-modern Margaret
Sanger, a campaigner, nay, a marauder
for the superior blooded elite.  She is one who perceives the inferior
and now cowering unfortunate miserable unwashed
under her purview as "human weeds".  Since it is all So too damn late
for her to have prevented their birth,
she desires to call in and invalidate their franchise on life by what
ever post-natal means are at her disposal.  She is, as some
others have observed, genuinely classist, and racist to the ribosome.
But she covers for and disguises her
inherent illiberality by various outward displays and posturings of
false concern.  She knows that she
must always maintain the facade because she is a political animal.  She
is constantly on the lookout for each opportunity to
slapping the scarlet badge of bigotry and racism on others as a cloak
for her own occasional "wardrobe malfunctions".

The fact that someone like Laurel Lunt Prussing was ever able to hold a
public office is a testimony not only to the power of
deep pockets in the political game but also to the sheer ignorance and
apathy of the hapless electorate.

That's pretty much how I see her, but I might think of something else
later on.