[Peace-discuss] more revelations of IL Gov Blago quid pro quo deals emphasizes importance of transparency in gov't

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Jan 4 16:43:56 CST 2009

I am posting this to the peace-discuss list, because it is indicative of
how

quid pro quo, sweetheart deals, and perversions of good intent damage
our lives, support undesirable activities,

and damage otherwise decent projects.

If we want to stop war, we are going to have to figure out how to step
on the air hose of the military machine.

It's the only sort of thing that they can understand.  Really.

(from my blog at Liberty4Urbana)

We have a lot of colourful expressions in southern Illinois-- one is
that "You never find maggots on a dry rock."

The meaning is that maggots just don't live where there is nothing
putrefying and corrupted that they can eat. The converse is also true.
Where ever there is corruption, the maggots will be there too, gyre-ing
and gimble-ing. While Lewis Carroll's Slithy Toves live under sundials
and come out into the sunshine to eat cheese, the Slimy Worms of
corrupted state power are found lurking about government offices
munching on public funds (your tax dollars), eating holes in our civil
liberties, shunning the sun, and fearing the sunshine....

Americans for Transparency, a taxpayer watchdog organization, has been
pointing out corrupt Blagojevich quid pro quo for several months to the
federal officials.

It is disgusting to see how things that are intended for the good of the
people get perverted, and we the people become the meat in the sandwich.

Video and other discussion...

http://www.liberty4urbana...
<http://www.liberty4urbana.com/drupal-6.8/node/53>