[Peace-discuss] News-Gazette 1/6/09

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 09:35:19 CST 2009

Shameful war on Gaza by Israel, U.S.

Tuesday January 6, 2009

We should all be ashamed and angered, ashamed of our government for
providing a brutal colonialist state, Israel, with weapons of mass
destruction. Weapons of mass destruction need not be nuclear, although
such lie in wait within that nation.

The mass destruction is before our eyes, if we will open them, in the
enclave of Gaza whose population is strangled by the armed might of an
Israel supported and encouraged by a callous U.S. administration.

On a front page of The News-Gazette was a photo of a wounded Israeli
child. Where were the photos of the hundred bloodied Palestinian
children? A hundred Palestinian eyes for an Israeli eye? Perverse and
perverted "Old Testament" morality.

So some in Gaza respond to strangulation by kicking out wildly at their
oppressor, lobbing ineffective missiles at their oppressor in a rage
that expresses their weakness, their helplessness, their isolation. And
in an attack that needed an excuse for what was long planned (reported
in the Israeli press), a sustained and continuing assault on the people
of Gaza with U.S-made F16s was launched. Hundreds killed, thousands
wounded, a university bombed, a mosque too, widespread destruction.

Against this, a few Israelis killed and wounded, others frightened by
those missiles launched in frustration and revenge.

Why all this? Because the Palestinians want justice and an independence
that Israelis fear. They want respect, want a life free from
repression, want independence from a Jewish state, want back what was
seized from them, want to run their own lives.

What is happening to Gaza is an atrocity in which the U.S.
administration, a compliant media and an apathetic population is as
guilty as its murderous client.

MORTON K. BRUSSEL

Urbana
  Find this article at: