[Peace-discuss] Durbin staffer: "Congress has no direct responsibility for foreign policy"

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:58:31 CST 2009

>From a feedback form submitted by a caller (who happens to be my sister.)

"The staffer I spoke to explained that Senator Durbin had asked for an
immediate cease fire back in December.  The staffer said he would pass on
my message but that I should remember that the Congress has no direct
responsibility for foreign policy .. I pointed out that our
representatives have some responsibility for conveying our wishes and
opinions to other branches of government."

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Call Congress: Immediate Cease-fire, Lift the Blockade on Gaza
http://justforeignpolicy.org/involved/callgazaceasefire.html

Write Bush, Obama, Congress to Support an Immediate Ceasefire in Gaza
and Lift the Blockade
http://justforeignpolicy.org/involved/gazaceasefireobama.html
http://justforeignpolicy.org/involved/gazaceasefirebushcongress.html