[Peace-discuss] Blago-Burris circus

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Jan 9 03:49:56 CST 2009

> We have on this list a number of extremely intelligent people who,
> while they may disagree on certain philosophical details, essentially
> agree that we all have, individually and collectively, some sort of
> right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", which
> translates into _*rights guaranteed by an admittedly imperfect
> Constitution that have nevertheless been profoundly undermined by the
> American government over the past 30 or 40 years.   We all want a
> fundamental shift in American foreign and domestic policy, and we
> agree on the essentials of what that shift needs to be.  *_Most of us
> - and here is where there is SOME disagreement - agree that writing
> letters to our elected representatives does little good, because with
> rare exceptions they have become bought and paid for by special elite
> interests.
> So what do we do?  *Do we undertake a second American revolution?*

Absolutely!!

> Do we issue a second Declaration of Independence?
The First one is still good.  I walked around on it just today and
checked the edges of it, and although the style of the language is
not exactly 100% modern, it is still quite clear and understandable in
all points.  Some others dropped by and looked at
it too, and although we could not agree on what we might do to improve
it, it is still quite resilient to stomping and kicking
and no one has tried to trash it or call it just a piece of paper.

> Do we riot in the streets, as they do in Europe?
Do we or should we?  If we do incite riots we should be ready to pay the
costs, and
we should be aware that there could be loss of life and property,
liberty and happiness that we may not be at all
prepared for if rioting is the formula.   Here is the time to apply the
time honoured principle
of sizing up the other guy when contemplating a violent act.  It won't
turn out well.

In fact we should be prepared to counter any false flags, psy-ops,
black-ops and  agents provocateurs.

I think we could come out much better in the long run
if we actually plan to NOT have rioting break out as a result of
anything we do.

The most I would advise is throwing shoes in a well controlled setting,
exercising the right to bare feet as the
"all men are created equal" extension of the right to bare arms.

This needs to be a peaceful r3VOJution as befits the goals of a peace group.
> Do we engage in repeated and orchestrated acts of civil disobedience?
Statewide.  Nationwide.  Internationally when possible.
We need to have the sympathy fully on our side when we engage.