[Peace-discuss] Fw: 2009 Intro (forwarded email from Tim Johnson)

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 23:56:03 CST 2009

Hey, Tim Johnson has an actual e-address now!
 --Jenifer

--- On Tue, 1/13/09, Congressman Timothy Johnson <timothy.johnson at houseenews.net> wrote:

If you are having trouble viewing this message, please click here.

January 13, 2009

Unsubscribe

Update My Profile

Website | Biography | Contact | Services | Legislation | News & Photos | District

Please Feel Free to Tell a Friend

E-mail:

E-mail:

E-mail:

E-MAIL UPDATES
Yes, please periodically send me e-mail updates.*

Click Here

*By subscribing to my
e-mail updates, you are authorizing me to send regular e-mail updates from my office to your e-mail account.

Dear Jenifer,

REP. JOHNSON SWORN IN AS FIFTH-TERM CONGRESSMAN

   WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Rep. Timothy V. Johnson was sworn in Jan.. 6 to his fifth term in office representing the 15th Congressional District of Illinois.
    Upon the inauguration of the 111th Session of Congress, Rep. Johnson made the following statement.

   “It is an honor to take this oath and have the opportunity to serve my fellow citizens of the 15th Congressional District for another two years,” Rep. Johnson said. “The obstacles before us are undeniably greater than at any time during my career in Washington, D.C. People are losing their jobs, their homes, their hope. Our savings are being annihilated. And we continue to face instability abroad and uncertainty over when we’ll see our troops home again and for good.
   “I cannot promise that Congress will right these wrongs and erase our pain. I can promise you that I will use my voice to advocate for the best interests of this District and according to a conscience nurtured by core Midwest values of my faith, my family and my work.
   “While individuals at many levels are facing scandal and corruption charges, I can promise I will conduct myself honorably. The cynicism that confronts many of our institutions, from banks to car makers to the hallowed halls of government, is completely understandable. Perhaps the best response any of us can have is to make sure we as individuals do not lapse into the laxness of language and behavior that we rightfully find so discouraging about others.
   “My hope is that the message of bipartisanship that President-Elect Obama has tried to convey will find its way to Congress. It is certainly a goal I have pursued as a co-founder of the Center Aisle Caucus. On a personal level, this is a goal to which we can all aspire. Disagree if you will but do so agreeably.
   “The solvency of our nation, the physical health of our planet, our relationships with our fellow citizens, require no less.
   “As always, in keeping with my long career of public service, my number one priority will remain being as attentive and responsive as humanly possible to the constituents of the 15th Congressional District. The federal government is a mammoth, tangled bureaucracy that often serves to complicate citizens’ lives rather than serve them. I and my staff stand ready and able to intervene where possible, whether the problem involves Social Security, a disability issue, a veterans issue, a dispute with the IRS or other federal agency. I encourage people to call my offices listed on this mailing and we will endeavor to do whatever we can. That to my mind is public service.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Washington, D.C. Office
1207 Longworth House Office Building | Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: 202-225-2371 | Fax: 202-226-0791

Bloomington Office
202 N. Prospect Rd.
Suite 203
Bloomington, IL 61704
Phone: 309-663-7049
Fax: 309-663-9880
Champaign Office
2004 Fox Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: 217-403-4690
Fax: 217-403-4691
Mt. Carmel Office
1001 Market St.
Suite 102
Mt. Carmel, IL 62863
Phone: 618-262-8719
Fax: 618-262-8859

Charleston Office
655 W. Lincoln Ave.
Unit 8
Charleston, IL 61920
Phone: 217-348-6759
Fax: 217-348-6761

Update My Profile - Unsubscribe - Privacy Policy