[Peace-discuss] Taibbi on Friedman

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 10:13:32 CST 2009

http://www.nypress.com/article-19271-flat-n-all-that.html

Not suitable for children.

"Just when you begin to lose faith in America’s ability to fall for absolutely anything—just when you begin to think we Americans as a race might finally outgrow the lovable credulousness that leads us to fork over our credit card numbers to every half-baked TV pitchman hawking a magic dick-enlarging pill, or a way to make millions on the Internet while sitting at home and pounding doughnuts— along comes Thomas Friedman, porn-stached resident of a positively obscene 11,400 square foot suburban Maryland mega-monstro-mansion and husband to the heir of one of the largest shopping-mall chains in the world, reinventing himself as an oracle of anti-consumerist conservationism."

Aside: As the stock price of Friedman's wife's mall development corporation has plummeted, the value of their fortune has decreased (on paper) from over 3 billion to less than 100 million.