[Peace-discuss] no green light?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 20 11:06:49 CST 2009

*Israel followed a similar schedule in its withdrawal from Lebanon -- in the
midst of the last administration.

*Unlike Lebanon, Gaza remains a prison camp controlled with little risk to
Israeli soldiers -- no need for occupation, while Israel controls the entrance
of any relief of the collective punishment the US & Israel have imposed; and
Hamas is not allowed to participate, given that Hamas' original support came
form its provision of social service.

*Israeli policy remains the same -- prevent the emergence of an effective
Palestinian government and encourage the departure of the Palestinians.

*US policy remains the same -- promote a quisling government in Palestine to
prevent an independent Palestine from participating in the resistance to US
control of the Middle East.

*US/Israeli rejectionism is maintained against the two-state consensus of the
rest of the world.