[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] noon-1 Tue rally; 7-9 Tue "Palestinian Occupation: Myth and Reality"; 10-4 Wed poster exhibition; Sherman Jackson on Thu and Fri

christuck911 at gmail.com christuck911 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:30:39 CST 2009

I was at the talk, and you all know my position.  I have to say that
the pro-Israel comments on the article are the most accurate.
Szremski gave a well informed and academic discussion on media bias
towards Israel citing legitimate information.  Jaber, on the other
hand, presented a talk full of inconsistencies, factual inaccuracies,
prejudice and antisemitism.  I was personally offended by what came
out of his mouth, in the name of Palestinian resistance.  To me he
seemed more ignorant, if not somewhat senile, rather than hateful, but
nonetheless, his presentation did significant damage to the
Jewish-Muslim relations in this community.

Given the increased tensions and possibilities of conflict, I would
like to encourage all who can to come out to ISO's talk on Gaza by
Eric Ruder, 7pm Feb 2nd in Greg hall 319.  (This talk will hopefully
be far more academic than the one Tuesday.)

On 1/28/09, David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://media.www.dailyillini.com/media/storage/paper736/news/2009/01/28/News/Groups.Rally.Around.Gaza.Conflict-3600603.shtml
>
> This article mentions it at the end, and the comments add to the confusion.
>
> DG

Chris Tuck
"People should not be afraid of their governments,
Governments should be afraid of their people."