[Peace-discuss] Re: Obama on "War on Terror"

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:19:37 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Morton K. Brussel <brussel at illinois.edu>wrote:

The reports I've seen were recent. There could well have been a change…
> Or they may have overstated. --mkb

Unfortunately Carl seems to be right on this one.  I just got done watching
Bill Moyers.  Half of the show was devoted to a discussion of Obama's
perspective on the "War on Terror"; the recent (continuation of) bombing of
civilians in Pakistan by drones since he took office; a comparison of
McNamara's advice to LBJ about "bombing the North Vietnamese into
submission" with the current strategy in AfPak; the obvious historical
fallacy/folly of trying to impose a military solution on a political
problem; etc.  It's very discouraging.