[Peace-discuss] Re: [Announce] [Peace] Fwd: [stop] ACTION ALERT: Arraignment for Mark Nepermann Tomorrow

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 15:09:56 CDT 2009

Well, of course the reason the U has chosen NOT to take sides on the Chief issue is purely economic -- all those rah rah alums who tear up when they think about the Chief -- and write those big fat checks would cut off their support if the U had voluntarily ditched the Chief. We're probably talking more money than you or I could imagine... which goes for good stuff like scholarships, salaries, etc. Not sure I can entirely fault the BOT for their pragmatism -- they're having enuff trouble making ends meet as it is, w/ grants and other funding reduced. And then there are still teams like the Wash Redskins, etc etc...

Seems to me that those pictures need to be assigned a value -- surely there are comps, and hopefully they're insured? It's in the court's hands now -- the U is not (officially) involved at this point -- and I hope the prosecution has a very good lawyer.
 --Jenifer