[Peace-discuss] On the time of People's Potluck on Sunday - 6PM

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 00:01:00 CDT 2009

June 30, 2009 from St. Jude's Catholic Worker house

Greetings -
As many of you know, Safe Haven Tent Community has been in the media
spotlight, as well as under supervision of the city's zoning department.
Next Sunday, July 5, the Independent Media Center will host the People's
Potluck, a monthly gathering to share food and information about local
community issues. Residents and advocates of Safe Haven will present the
history, their dialogue with the city, and the campaign that is forming to
support this community and draw attention to Champaign-Urbana's lack of
affordable housing, overflowing shelters, and the criminalization of
homelessness. Come find out how you can support this initiative of providing
a safe, affordable, and dignified solution to homelessness.

WHAT: People's Potluck with residents and advocates of Safe Haven Tent
Community
WHERE: Independent Media Center (202 S. Broadway Ave, Urbana)
WHEN: Sunday July 5, 6pm

Bring some food to share, invite some friends, and support a self-organized
tent community.

UC-IMC: "C-U Tent Community!"<http://www.ucimc.org/content/cu-tent-community>
News-Gazette: "Officials taking it slow against illegal tent
city,"<http://www.news-gazette.com/news/health/2009/06/23/officials_taking_it_slow_against_illegal>
WCIA-TV 3: "Champaign's Tent
Community,"<http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=92711>
Dignity Village - Portland, OR Tent