[Peace-discuss] "Banks own the US government", by Dean Baker [and Peter DeFazio's proposal for an oil-speculation tax]

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Jul 6 16:53:44 CDT 2009

I dont understand Durbin.  Or maybe I do.

He voted for all of the bailouts, and banks account for about $700,000
in campaign
money he has received.

*

Dean Baker is mostly correct IMHO, but I think he underestimates the
size of the problem somewhat.

*

Max Keiser's interview of Paul Craig Roberts is interesting
http://www.liberty4urbana.com/drupal-6.8/node/299