[Peace-discuss] Beliefs, convictions & dogmatism

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Jul 9 16:46:41 CDT 2009

It is an interesting note and I am glad you shared it.

I am quite sure that I don't agree with this female psychologist,
who hails from the ancient land of Publishorperishia  (I /ran/.).
I suspect that she and I are extracted  from quite different cultures,
& although it's fairly likely that we are from the same planet,
I do wonder about that a little.

I inspected the house Myself before we bought it even though some other
professional
joker hired by the landlord had made his commentaries.  I really do hate
it when writers try
project their various aberrant and fantastically conformist behaviours
onto the readership,
and especially when I am the reader.  I am not on her bandwagon.

I found that many researchers reject information that disagrees with
their preconceived notions,
and they generally are quite well entrenched and confident.  I would
guess that she also
had an axe to grind when entering into her research as well.