[Peace-discuss] update and apology on time mix-up

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 22:29:48 CDT 2009

Why not? The Salvation Army took over Helig Meyer... Yes, there are those box stores and plenty of other totally empty bldgs of all sizes in all kinds of locations... and there will be lots more before we're done w/ this, uh, downturn...plus there are gazillions of churches that are empty overnight and during most days of the week (excluding Sundays during services of course). Where there's a will, etc.
The REAL problem of course, is that the folks who could help really don't give a shit. Was watching Tuesday's Champaign City Council meeting last nite on TV and listening to the excuses offered by Champaign City Councilpersons re why so many plans for low income housing had come to naught -- what a bunch of stone-hearted folks!! Well, I think the time will come when they will have to do something, because the numbers of homeless will be just too overwhelming for them to continue to ignore the issue... and by that time, cold weather will be setting in as well.
 --Jenifer