[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Cancel Main Event today?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 11 12:09:30 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:37:55AM -0500, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> Given (a) the forecast (see below) and (b) the bike race -- closing, I
> gather, many streets in downtown Champaign -- perhaps we should postpone
> the (already once postponed) monthly demonstration scheduled for downtown
> Champaign 2-4pm today.  --CGE

Yes, I agree.  The storms may well have passed us by by 2pm,
and the afternoon weather forecast sounds pretty pleasant.
But it looks as though Main & Neil is the starting point for the
bike race.    Not a good place to demonstrate.

Rats.

Ron Szoke and I talked about this -- we agree on bailing out.
So we won't be bringing signs to the demonstration site, either.
I might go by there for a while just to catch people who
don't happen to read their e-mail in the next couple of hours.

Sorry, all.  We'll have to decide whether to just wait until August,
or what.