[Peace-discuss] Domestic prisons ARE related to war

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:14:29 CDT 2009

Domestic prisons, it could be argued, ARE related to war;
1. Where Abu Graib and GTMO have gone, domestic prisons also go.
2. Where we have not been vigilant with our domestic prisons, we have
given our government free hand to do just about anything to anyone the
gov considers the enemy.
3. The prison system is expanding. And who will be recruited as
guards? Militarily trained veterans.
4. Mental health problems are the result of war. Who will end up in
prisons? Veterans who do not have the resources they need to heal.

-karen medina