[Peace-discuss] binary criterion of war/not war

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 19 10:39:10 CDT 2009

Along with Karen's other good points, I like this one especially:

> > I think that every 7 years, everything needs to be re-distributed equally.
>
> It would be lovely, but it would do very little to end war.  And who is
> going to supervise the redistribution?

Well, we have a mechanism for it.  Even a Biblical one, right?  The Jubilee,
at which all debts are forgiven?  How many ex-colonial countries are
kept de facto colonies by debt service?   Eliminating indefinite-term debt
would change both the borrowers' positions and also limit how much a
greedy lender could expect to get.