[Peace-discuss] Fw: The Pressure is Working

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 00:12:16 CDT 2009

--- On Thu, 7/23/09, Sen. Russ Feingold and Democracy for America <info at democracyforamerica.com> wrote:

From: Sen. Russ Feingold and Democracy for America <info at democracyforamerica.com>
Subject: The Pressure is Working
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2009, 10:32 AM

#yiv1810994837 {
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10pt;background-color:#fff;margin:5px;}

Jenifer -

I've got great news. Recently, the Senate HELP Committee passed the Affordable Health Choice Act which includes giving everyone in America the choice of a strong public option.

The pressure is working!  We would be nowhere on this important legislation without your continued hard work and dedication putting the pressure on your elected officials through phone calls, petition deliveries, and local actions.

Now, I've teamed up with Democracy for America to thank Senator Kennedy and his colleagues on the HELP Committee for their commitment to real reform. Help me send a clear message to my colleagues that when Senate Democrats stand up and lead, Americans won't forget. Will you join me today?

THANK SENATE DEMOCRATS ON THE H.E.L.P. COMMITTEE
FOR THEIR HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP
Twelve colleagues put this bill together under the leadership of Senator Kennedy with help from Senator Dodd. Here's the whole list so we all know who they are:

Edward Kennedy (MA) - Christopher Dodd (CT)
Tom Harkin (IA) - Barbara A. Mikulski (MD)
Jeff Bingaman (NM) - Patty Murray (WA)
Jack Reed (RI) - Bernard Sanders (VT)
Sherrod Brown (OH) - Robert P. Casey, Jr. (PA)
Kay Hagan (NC) - Jeff Merkley (OR)

I'm not interested in passing a bill in name only, and neither are my Democratic colleagues on the HELP Committee. Every American deserves the right to quality healthcare and allowing Americans to choose a strong public healthcare option will help ensure that for all of us.

This fight for real reform is far from over.  Please add your name to our thank you and remind Senate Democrats that when we stand with the American people, the American people will stand up for us.

JOIN ME -- ADD YOUR NAME NOW

Insurance industry executives and special interests shouldn't rule the debate, and they shouldn't rule decisions about the kind of health care your family needs.  The Affordable Health Choice Act is the first step towards giving families a choice, and making sure that all Americans are covered.

So keep the pressure up. We need to hear from you. All of us in Congress need to hear from all of you. There is too much at stake to sit at home hoping for change. It's up to each of us to work together to make change happen.

Thank you, Jenifer, for all of your hard work.

Sincerely,

-Russ

Russ Feingold
United States Senator

Democracy for America relies on you and the people-power of more than one million members to fund the grassroots organizing and training that delivers progressive change on the issues that matter. Please Contribute Today and support our mission.

Paid for by Democracy for America, http://democracyforamerica.com/ and not authorized by any candidate. Contributions to Democracy for America are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.