[Peace-discuss] [Fwd: Announcement: 5,000 too many ...]

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Jun 3 20:27:32 CDT 2009

this from CodePink on FaceBook.

Alice is a huge fan of CodePink.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Announcement: 5,000 too many ...
Date: 	Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:45:37 -0700
From: 	Causes <apps+ot=0_=ac at facebookappmail.com>
To: 	E. Wayne Johnson <ewj at illinoislibertynetwork.com>

Paris Marron posted an announcement to the cause CODEPINK: Women for
Peace <http://apps.facebook.com/causes/203?m=17fc0415>.

----------------
This week, we passed the 5,000 mark - 5,000 US troops have been killed
in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As this saddening road mark passes, the media has been eerily silent.
May was the deadliest month for US troops in Iraq since last September.
And our leaders are preparing for an escalation of the War in
Afghanistan along with a hefty military counterinsurgency in Pakistan --
a plan that will only create more troop and civilian deaths in the
months and years to come.

The loss of life - our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, family, and
friends - is another reminder that War is SO Over. Our heart aches.
5,000 dead is 5,000 too many.

Please join us in a Virtual Candlelight Vigil on Facebook to remember
those who have died, and not let this road mark pass without recognition.

http://apps.facebook.com/virtualcandlelcdjegd/?m=43916b13

To join, please add the application and then send a Candle to four of
your Friends. Don't forget to publish a note on your Profile Wall.

Please join me in grieving this horrific news then pick up the phone and
call your representative at 1-800-517-5696. The House and Senate are
reconciling the supplemental funding bill for Iraq and Afghanistan this
week. Tell them no more money for war!

Sincerely,
Paris, Jodie, Jean, Dana, and the CODEPINK team

P.S. For talking points on the supplemental, please visit:
http://bit.ly/Kgpdk
----------------

View Announcement
<http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/219985?m=17fc0415> - Invite
Friends
<http://apps.facebook.com/causes/cause_invitations/new?m=17fc0415&cause_id=203>

Thanks,
The Causes Team

Stop receiving emails from this cause
<http://apps.facebook.com/causes/user_settings/communications?m=17fc0415&cause_id=203#cause_203>

---
This email was sent by Causes. You can disable emails here
<http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?notifications&block=2318966938&h=2e42bb5&t=1244069137&l=b>.