[Peace-discuss] Fw: Your Concerns

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 10 19:16:57 CDT 2009

Hey!  see where he writes:

> I encourage the use of sanctions only as a means to thwart potentially
> dangerous or irrational behavior, as it is imperative that we maintain a
> commitment to promoting global peace, and we do not allow violent and
> discriminatory regimes to disrupt our peace-building process.

"potentially dangerous or irrational behavior"?  When in Israel, not just
oddballs in the press, but people in government have been talking seriously
about bombing Iran, and seeking US permission to do it?   Clearly the time for
sanctions has long since come.

(Hmm, would Burris agree with that argument?)