[Peace-discuss] Fw: Support a Public Option

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Jun 21 14:22:21 CDT 2009

The public option preserves all the systemic deficiencies that we see in
the current system.  It maintains a finance system that is based on
private insurance and private insurers and their drive to fight claims,
issue denials, screen out the sick and make a big profit; and it
generates tremendous administrative waste — 400 billion dollars a year.
  You can expand coverage by just raising taxes and paying insurers to
cover people, but that’s not a sustainable system.  It won’t cover every
body and it will fall apart quickly due to rising costs -- as we’ve seen
in Massachusetts, Vermont, Oregon, Tennessee and Minnesota. [Russell
Mokhiber]

Don't sign the petition. Write to these senators -- who are protecting
the profits of the private insurers -- and insist on  a single payer
system, instead. --CGE