[Peace-discuss] democrats.com: Afghanistan Exit Action Day, and, Thu 6/25 Torture Accountability Action Day

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 23 21:19:57 CDT 2009

Good:
    Democrats.com calls on us (as Just Foreign Policy and others do too)
    to urge our Representatives to support the McGovern et al. bill
    demanding an exit strategy from Afghanistan.  It's not as good
    as blocking the war-funding bill altogether, but it's a brickbat in the
    machinery.  [Bob Naiman mentioned that Tim Johnson has said he will
    co-sponsor this, yay!]

Good, too, and news to me:
    There's a call for a national day of action against torture --
    and to call the US torture promoters to account --
    this Thursday, June 25th.  Rallies are planned in cities across the US:
       http://tortureaccountability.webs.com/eventsacrossus.htm

    Should we try to do something locally?

These are the kinds of Democrats we can use more of
and should support, as Normon Solomon says here:

   http://www.truthout.org/061809A