[Peace-discuss] Glenn Greenwald: Helen Thomas interrupts Obama talking about Neda video to ask a real question

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Jun 24 13:51:57 CDT 2009

The fact that "we" (who ever that "we" is) find the Neda video shocking
and iconic is a testimony to how far the once great American society has
fallen.

That's not to minimize the loss or the sorrow or the shame or the
heroics of the dissenters.

We are unfamiliar with Patriots and Tyrants resisting one another unto
blood, and are shocked and mortified (vicariously) that real social change
does actually require such a price.  In fact, it is the collective and
individual unwillingness to pay the price for a real government that
accounts
for the ersatz clown posse of looters that Americans seem to be willing
to accept as "government".

The tree of liberty demands frequent watering with the blood of tyrants
and patriots.
Those unwilling to see the price paid are both unworthy patriots and
indeed rather silly tyrants as well.

On the other hand, the utter depravity of torture and the stifling of
dissent and the trashing of the Constitution doesnt
put Americans in very good position for pointing out the faults of other
nations.

*Quo usque tandem abutere, America, patientia nostra*?

One about half expects some thief to slip up on somnambulent America,
and collectively render unto it the equivalent of being hit over the
head with a "sock full of shit" as Patton warned.  The other half
expects the blessed event to provoke some loud and raucous cheering among
those from whom we have well-deserved calumny and dishonour.

It's not the only possible outcome, but it's the most likely we can't
muster enough numbers and gumption to force real change not this Obacrap
parsed
with emphasis.