[Peace-discuss] $10, 000 Reward: Show How the Iranian Election Was "Stolen"

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 09:44:36 CDT 2009

$10,000 Reward: Show How the Iranian Election Was "Stolen"

I will pay $10,000 to the first person or organization that presents a
coherent story for how the Iranian election was stolen that is
consistent with knowable facts about the Iranian election process as
it took place on June 12-13 and the information that has been
published since, including the ballot box tallies that have been
published on the web by the Iranian government.

In order to collect the reward, you don't have to prove your case
beyond a shadow of a doubt. But your numbers have to add up. To
collect your reward, it's not sufficient to cite press reports or
anecdotal evidence of election irregularities, or to claim as
authority Western commentators or NGOs who have not themselves put
together a coherent story. To collect your reward, your story has to
tell how on June 12, a majority of Iranian voters voted for other
candidates besides Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, yet this was transformed by
the Iranian election authorities into a majority for Ahmadinejad.

Here are the numbers you have to explain. According to the official
tally, Ahmadinejad got about 24.5 million votes. Mir Hossein Mousavi
got 13.2 million votes. That's a difference of more than 11 million
votes. So, when I say your numbers have to add up, I mean your story
of stolen votes has to add up to more than 11 million stolen votes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/10000-reward-show-how-the_b_220705.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/6/25/102230/708

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/node/239
--