[Peace-discuss] Chabad Video

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 08:42:43 CST 2009

This is from the Jewish Voice for Peace Listserv. The Chabad Center should not be confused with Hillel in literal terms, although they do compete to dumb down Jewish students on this campus (not to take any of this lightly in the context of Israeli atrocities):

On the website of Chabad Center for Jewish Life at the University of Illinois, Champaign Urbana
-- a bit like watching a video produced by the Onion -- ML]

1:56 video

Quotes [some excerpts]:
"Experience Israel For Free With Young Israeli Soldiers"
"Young man: "Hangin' out with the soldiers right here."
Young man: "It's the Jews' home, their real home."
Young man: "The soldiers!" [jump cut to another young man] "The coolest people I've ever met."
Young woman: "The soldiers were probably, I think, the best experience"
Young woman [standing in front of tanks]: "I'm serving in a secret unit."
Young woman: "I'm in combat intelligence. "
Young woman: "We had eight Israeli soldiers with us."
Young woman [peeking her head out from a tank]: "We're on a military base."
Young woman [seen through a green lens ala night vision] "Join the ride."
Young man: "We're very curious about the soldiers, what kind of things they do."
'Young man: "I like the uniforms."
Young man: 'I feel much safer here than I do on the streets of Chicago."
Young man [standing in a synagogue]: "Gives me a Jewish identity."
Young man [soldier pointing at the wall]: "The West Wall of Jerusalem."
"This trip is a gift of Taglit-birthright israel"

http://www.jewishui uc.org/templates /articlecco_ cdo/aid/157561/ jewish/Free- Trips-to- Israel.htm