[Peace-discuss] Can We "Reset" Relations with Colombia?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:43:16 CST 2009

President Obama wants, quite reasonably, to "reset" relations with
Russia. He also said, quite reasonably, he would "go through the
federal budget line by line, programs that don't work, we cut."

Our relations with Colombia also need to be reset. "Plan Colombia,"
which was supposedly going to cut the flow of Colombian cocaine into
the U.S., doesn't work, neither to reduce the flow of illegal drugs,
nor to promote human rights, democracy and the rule of law in
Colombia. Since Plan Colombia doesn't work, it should be cut.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/can-we-reset-relations-wi_b_172205.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/3/5/132519/6814

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/40468

--