[Peace-discuss] Libertarian/Anarchist

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:08:51 CDT 2009

I fear that "the people" are too quick to drop their role in
"government by the people".

I know this is true in the U.S.'s version of democracy*

I fear the people would also drop their role in "government by the
people" in an anarchy as well and, at the first or second opportunity,
a power-hungry few would take control.

Vigilance is perhaps what Jefferson feared would decline over time.

Must each generation make the same mistakes?

-karen medina
* Evidence that the US people have dropped their role: look how fast
the anti-war sentiment is being dropped by the masses (not by us of
course) once the mandate was clearly given to the legislative and the
executive branches.