FW: [Peace-discuss] Election Dirty Tricks Again in Washington and El Salvador

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Fri Mar 13 22:10:55 CDT 2009

>Why should America be forced to accept election results we don't like, just
because they're held in other countries, like El Salvador, Palestine,
>Nicaragua, Vietnam ...?

Of course, you jest and are not serious except to ridicule those who suggest
that Amerika has the right to deny election results in other  countries
which we disagree with.   Why should anyone accept the Amerikan election
results?

> Do our freedoms stop at the borders?

Do we really have those freedoms even within our own borders?  If we do not
actually have all those freedoms within our borders how can they stop at
them?  It might be the case that freedom is topped at our borders from
coming into our country from other cultures due to corporate controls and
the prejudicial egotistical ignorance of our citizenry.

> What are we, prisoners in our own country?

Yes and of our own mentally deranged perceptions of what is right and wrong,
legitimate and illegitimate, good and bad, etc. along with our mentally
limited and near-sighted visions of what might and should be.

> The world hates us because of our freedoms!  They're jealous of our
standard of living!

True enough they probably do hate us; but it ain't because of our freedoms
or our standard of living.  It typically is because of our selfish arrogance
and pompousness, our self-righteousness and airs of superiority, our greed
and insistence on always being right and in charge of everything, on our
dishonesty, on our inability to accept that what is good for the goose (the
other countries) is good for the gander (us), and our demands on having
things our way or we will take our football and leave.

It is interesting how this band of right-wing Republicans forget that
America is a debtor nation and owned by other countries (i.e., China and
European countries) and are beholden to them least they treat us like these
idiot children want to treat other third world or weaker sovereign nation.
What if our lenders refused to accept the outcomes of our legislative
processes regarding policy and laws or of our elections unless we
established policies and laws that they wanted and elected governments that
agreed with them?

Why should America be forced to accept election results we don't like, just
because they're held in other countries, like El Salvador, Palestine,
Nicaragua, Vietnam ...?  Do our freedoms stop at the borders?  What are we,
prisoners in our own country?  The world hates us because of our freedoms!
They're jealous of our standard of living!

Ricky
"Every time you think, you weaken the nation." - Moe Howard

  _____