[Peace-discuss] FMLN DECLARES VICTORY!

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 11:12:52 CDT 2009

Wow!

That's 10 left or center-left gov'ts in Latin America now, I believe.  Not a majority, but enuf to cause some molar-grinding at various places in Virgiania and Marlyand, I'd guess. ;-)

  The NACLA Report has a good, short piece in this month's issue about solidarity, criticism without Northern imperialism vs. uncritical support, thinking about the election as it was approaching.

It's not available online yet, but it's a follow-up to a round table discussion they ran in the prev issue, which was also good:

http://nacla.org/node/5392?editionnid=5385&issuename=Not%20Just%20Change,%20But%20Justice:%20Taking%20on%20Policy%20in%20the%20Obama%20Era&issuenum=1&volume=042&issuemonth=January/February&issueyear=2009&lilimage=files/covers/421coverlo.jpg

Hey Dave - you owe Bob $20! :-)

 Ricky

"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn