[Peace-discuss] Response from N-G

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 21:53:51 CDT 2009

FWIW, Jim Dey's response to my submission in response to Jaher's commentary was surprisingly respectful of my understanding of the issue. Nevertheless, here is the gist of his response:

"Frankly, I was unaware of the background of the commentary to which you want to respond and not particularly knowledgeable about the background of the author.
I discussed the matter managing editor John Beck, and he informed me that Jaher, despite your concerns about his reasoning, has an academic background on the subject and is the author of several books related to
the issue. That fits into the category we prefer for authors of commentary pieces.

So I cannot offer you a commentary."

He did suggest I send a letter, which I have.

I will resist further comment at this time.