[Peace-discuss] political correctness for pigs and flu viruses

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 16:35:18 CDT 2009

The name change is defensible in that we don't/can't get this flu from eating pork products, and calling it swine flu is misleading in that respect and can do (and probably already has done) terrible thing$ to the pork industry -- a lotta workers affected across the globe even if some of them do work for factory farms, ugh. Calling it by its official letters and numbers won't do it, either, not catchy enuff... Pretty sad on top of everything else.
 --Jenifer