[Peace-discuss] Fw: "Bernie Madoff, Scapegoat" by Michael Moore (for Time magazine)

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 17:21:11 CDT 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM, E. Wayne Johnson <ewj at pigs.ag> wrote:

 Moore is right, inasmuch as Bernie is a sort of Lyndie England "We caught
> THE PERPETRATOR" sort of scapegoat-victim-punching bag.
>
> Bernie is a small-time cheat as Ponzi-schemes go.  Consider "Social
> Security" for instance.  Heh.

Wayne, since you don't like Social Security, would you mind terribly giving
your monthly SS check to me?  I could sure use the money, and due to a quirk
of the law I won't qualify for SS or Medicare when I turn 65, or ever.

> Unfortunately Michael Moore gets close to sticking his knife into the
> enormous pus-filled abscess of racketeering, but he doesn't go far enough to
> open it all up and let it spew and ooze and splatter the wall and ceiling
> and fill the hallway with its putrid stench.   Let it all out and then there
> is some chance for health.  Messy but essential.

But imagine....this article is published in TIME MAGAZINE!  I'm sure Moore
could have gone further in lancing the abscess verbally if he wanted to.  He
doesn't name names, exactly, but I think he goes pretty far in suggesting
that Madoff is merely a scapegoat who serves to conceal the real
racketeering.

> It's Too Bad.
>
> Michael Moore with all of his insight and cleverness has allowed himself to
> become entangled with one arm of the giant Ponzi-PAC himself

How so?  By supporting Obama, I suppose?

> and still thinks that there is protection in some region along the
> right-left paradigm and that slinging mud at Them will protect Us.
> Hopefully Moore with extricate himself from the left-right combine on his
> own.

And end up where exactly?