[Peace-discuss] Fw: Health care news worth sharing

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu May 14 00:35:11 CDT 2009

The problem with "health care" and the
medical-pharmaceutical-insurance/liability industrial complex (the
"health care industry") that has a stranglehold on so much of America is
not who is paying for it,
any more than the problem with the military-industrial complex is how
those toys and chattels get paid for.

The modern day story of the Good Samaritan goes something like this...a
battered and wounded man is picked up by an ambulance driven by the
"good Samaritan" and hauled
to a hospital, THEN he falls among thieves.  Those guys on the Jericho
Road were mere amateurs.  They missed the real opportunity for plunder.

Americans just don't seem to be able to "get it" that they are being
cheated and robbed by the health care industry, which tends to drive
tacks with sledgehammers because it makes more money that way.

We are being ripped off.  Robbed.   Cheated.  The hospitals and clinics
are doing with a pencil what Jesse James required a gun to do.
Americans are terrified about their health
and afraid that they are going to die, and have a sense of entitlement
that sets them up to be the natural prey of the healthcare industrial
complex.

The answer to America's health care crisis is like Lord Buckley's bear
dance,
so simple like the Jitterbug that it plumb evades.

I really don't expect very many people to come to their senses on this
any time soon.

As Robert Crumb had one of his characters to say (in 1993) about
America's integral decline and demise,
" Yo' fo'fathers wuz some Bad Asses, but yo' be weak!"

Some body else will pay for my troubles.