[Peace-discuss] Fw: Health care news worth sharing

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu May 14 01:44:13 CDT 2009

The problem is the pricing AND the characteristics of the delivery system.

You can bet that the system will strongly resist a revolution of
reasonable pricing and efficient delivery, and
no doubt that is a great deal of what they fear.

What we need is tuna that tastes good, never mind Charlie who has "good
taste".

On 5/14/2009 1:09 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> [...]
> industry" that I'm treated on the basis of how sick I am, not how
> well-off I am.
>
> I'm sorry I don't recall the Lord Buckley reference (altho' Laurie
> long ago gave me a collection of his stuff that might have it).
>
> Re Robert Crumb, I'm afraid you're taking the attitude of Mr. Natural
> -- and I unavoidably that of Flakey Foont, who asks him, "But what
> does it all MEAN...?"
>
> --CGE AKA FF
>
> E. Wayne Johnson wrote:
>> The problem with "health care" and the
>> medical-pharmaceutical-insurance/liability industrial complex (the
>> "health
>> care industry") that has a stranglehold on so much of America is not
>> who is
>> paying for it, any more than the problem with the military-industrial
>> complex
>> is how those toys and chattels get paid for.
>>
>> The modern day story of the Good Samaritan goes something like
>> this...a battered and wounded man is picked up by an ambulance driven
>> by the "good
>> Samaritan" and hauled to a hospital, THEN he falls among thieves.
>> Those guys
>> on the Jericho Road were mere amateurs.  They missed the real
>> opportunity for
>> plunder.
>>
>> Americans just don't seem to be able to "get it" that they are being
>> cheated
>> and robbed by the health care industry, which tends to drive tacks with
>> sledgehammers because it makes more money that way.
>>
>> We are being ripped off.  Robbed.   Cheated.  The hospitals and
>> clinics are
>> doing with a pencil what Jesse James required a gun to do. Americans are
>> terrified about their health and afraid that they are going to die,
>> and have
>> a sense of entitlement that sets them up to be the natural prey of the
>> healthcare industrial complex.
>>
>> The answer to America's health care crisis is like Lord Buckley's
>> bear dance,
>>  so simple like the Jitterbug that it plumb evades.
>>
>> I really don't expect very many people to come to their senses on
>> this any
>> time soon.
>>
>> As Robert Crumb had one of his characters to say (in 1993) about
>> America's
>> integral decline and demise, " Yo' fo'fathers wuz some Bad Asses, but
>> yo' be
>> weak!"
>>
>> Some body else will pay for my troubles.
>>
>> On 5/13/2009 11:29 PM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
>>> Obama’s Health Care Charade By Glen Ford 05/13/2009
>>>
>>> President Obama has gone to extraordinary lengths to suppress
>>> advocates of
>>> single-payer health care. He has choreographed a grand theater of
>>> faux-change, in which he "seeks to create a façade of unity along lines
>>> that do not threaten corporate power." The goal is to "sidetrack,
>>> for decades, the most broadly supported idea in American politics,