[Peace-discuss] With courts like this, we don't need evil doers, do we?

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Thu May 21 14:00:50 CDT 2009

It appears that if Congress says it is ok, then the  Constitution and
international law be damned according to this interpreter of the law and the
Constitution.  Evidently Malbury V Madison and the notion of Judicial Review
have been repealed  and laws can no longer be declared by the courts as
unconstitutional.

Judge Says US Can Hold Detainees Indefinitely
 <http://www.truthout.org/052109K?n> http://www.truthout.org/052109K?n
Nedra Pickler, The Associated Press: "A federal judge says the United States
can continue to hold some prisoners at Guantanamo Bay indefinitely without
any charges. US District Judge John Bates' opinion issued Tuesday night
limited the Obama administration's definition of who can be held. But he
said Congress in the days after Sept. 11, 2001 gave the president the
authority to hold anyone involved in planning, aiding or carrying out the
terrorist attacks."