[Peace-discuss] the stinkin' lincoln legacy

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:18:35 CDT 2009

And this all fits with what we're covering in class.

We are discussing the writ of habeas corpus, Lincoln's suspension of
it and whether it was right or wrong of him to do.  I also plan to
make the connection to indefinite detention/lack of habeas rights to
modern day indefinite detention.

The last discussion is the morality of the death penalty using the
conspiracy that was created in the murder of Lincoln (as the VP, Sec.
of Defense, etc. were all to also be killed) and the different
punishments meted out to the conspirators.

Hooray education.

Solidarity,
-N.

Neil Parthun
  Sports journalist, Public i  ||  http://publici.ucimc.org

"There are many victories worse than a defeat." - George Eliot