[Peace-discuss] July 4th float -- okay, seriously...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu May 21 20:16:29 CDT 2009

Just how a Russian might speak of Stalin, a Frenchman of Napoleon, and
Englishman (or actually more likely an American) of that old racist Winston
Churchill...

Don't bother them with the facts -- unless you want to talk to them honestly and
without condescension.

The "positives" you mention are not, or at best are overstated. Just what we
would expect from Russians about Stalin, etc.

But I do agree with your implication that AWARE will do better to present an
"alternative Lincoln," rather than try to correct years of indoctrination with a
display.  --CGE