[Peace-discuss] Once again history shows that there are no neutral and no innocent persons on the earth regardless of one's intentions or actions.

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Sat May 23 17:40:06 CDT 2009

The more things change the more they seem to stay the same.  This is an
interesting article on a number of grounds.  It suggests that there is no
middle ground and there are no shades of gray in today's world even in light
of our view that civilization has progressed from the dark ages and people
have become more civilized if not more moral and ethical.  Despite one's
declarations of neutrality and innocence, it is not one's declarations that
matter but how one is defined by the others as a "we" or a "they." When push
comes to shove, most people will either attempt to ignore the disagreeable
actions carried out in their behalf or out of fear and self-preservation
instincts will divide the world up into black and white, we versus they, and
good versus evil with those who belong to or support their side being
justified in doing whatever they want to do in the name of defending or
protecting us.

Scahill: Neocon Calls for Military Strikes on Media
 <http://www.truthout.org/052309Y?n> http://www.truthout.org/052309Y?n
Jeremy Scahill, Antiwar.com: "'There will always be a hostile third party in
the fight,' Peters writes, calling the media 'the killers without guns....
Although it seems unthinkable now, future wars may require censorship, news
blackouts, and, ultimately, military attacks on the partisan media.
Perceiving themselves as superior beings, journalists have positioned
themselves as protected-species combatants.'"