[Peace-discuss] Invite Muslim Peacemaker Sami Rasouli to speak in C-U?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 12:26:00 CST 2009

> Who would his audience be?
Most likely, people interested in nonviolence -- all those people who
are buying the Coexist bumper stickers.
SJP has a speaker tomorrow evening (November 5th). We could check out
that audience.

> We already have informed Iraqi-related people in town.

Most of the local people I know have not been in Iraq for quite some
time and are not involved in the Peace Maker teams.

> We are remote from Minneapolis. (Higher costs?)

$100 for community groups + room and board

> Who would be responsible for his visit? (Publicity, activities, etc.)

Beginning a brainstorming list of groups who might be interested: the
Community UCC church, the Mennonites, Quakers, the Mosque, SJP, ...