[Peace-discuss] president's speech on afghanistan - emergency response...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 11 12:17:49 CST 2009

A good idea -- but what do we do if the administration chooses one of the "four
options" (from its present propaganda blitz) that would say McChrystal won't get
his 40,000 troops but only, say 10,000 -- and maybe only trainers?  Would we be
seen as applauding presidential restraint?

Tim Johnson seems to be committed to a demand for withdrawal, and I would
presume would continue to be so, regardless of what Obama does, short of
withdrawal.  That would seem to me to be the basis on which to organize a rally.