[Peace-discuss] Our Corrupt Occupation of Afghanistan

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:24:51 CST 2009

Is it just me, or is the pontification of Western leaders about
corruption in Afghanistan growing rather tiresome?

There is something very Captain Renault about it. We're shocked,
shocked that the Afghans have sullied our morally immaculate
occupation of their country with their dirty corruption. How
ungrateful can they be?

But perhaps we should consider the possibility that our occupation of
the country is not so morally immaculate - indeed, that the most
corrupt racket going in Afghanistan today is the American occupation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/our-corrupt-occupation-of_b_356647.html

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy