[Peace-discuss] January Peace Program at CPL - update 11-18

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 18:52:52 CST 2009

I've begun working on AWARE Films' January Peace Program to be held Sun afternoon, Jan 17th at CPL. Two musician friends and their young musician friends and family members are now on board. I checked out some books and a CD from the children's dept at the CPL today, and will begin recruiting young (and old) readers. I'll contact individual art directors, singers and dance leaders directly and report back.
Are y'all up for helping w/ this? Can you recruit some participants? It can be as professional as folks want it to be, but at the same time, it's not performance so much as a sharing of peaceful stuff. I plan to have the program pretty structured so that things move along. Please let me know if you, yr friends, or yr students, family members, etc want to help or "perform."
Ideas for how to display art work are most welcome. Many thanks.
 --Jenifer