[Peace-discuss] Fw: "Our presence only fuels the insurgency."

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 18:02:43 CST 2009

Please forgive if you also receives these from Robt Greenwald.
 --Jenifer

--- On Sat, 11/21/09, Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfoundation.org> wrote:

Jobs at Brave New Foundation

"I submit my resignation."

Sign the petition to Obama... Forward to others...
Become a Brave New Foundation member!

Watch the Video | Post on Facebook | Email a Friend

Dear Jenifer,

Just last month, Matthew Hoh resigned from his position at the State Department to protest the Obama administration's seeming determination to send tens of thousands more American troops to a disastrous war in Afghanistan. In that short time, Hoh has become one of the smartest, most compelling, articulate, and principled dissenters our country has seen against the failed Afghanistan occupation.

If the Obama administration doesn't listen to Hoh now, his warnings of the tragedy that lies at the end of the path of escalation will come to haunt our nation in years to come.

Obama will announce a decision on escalation within weeks. But according to news reports, he is having second thoughts about the wisdom of throwing more American soldiers into a quagmire.

Now is the time to sign our petition to President Obama to not escalate troops in Afghanistan and share this important message with your friends.

Yours,

Robert Greenwald
and the Brave New Foundation team

P.S. - Help us continue this important work by becoming a Brave New Foundation member. As a thank you, you will have access to our Brave New Conversations series, where you can watch Conversations with extraordinary personalities - including a discussion with Matthew Hoh on why the U.S. is following in the footsteps of the Soviet Union on a road to disaster in Afghanistan.

To ensure delivery of our emails, please add info at bravenewfoundation.org to your address book.
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes or RSS. Click here to stop receiving updates.
Brave New Foundation | 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232