[Peace-discuss] Limits of allowable debate

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 23 22:49:39 CST 2009

A "value judgment" can be a recognition of a moral fact, not merely an
expression of opinion.

To condemn the Shoah is to recognize it as a vast objective evil, a crime, not
just to express a taste, like preferring chocolate to vanilla.

As Wittgenstein said, "Ethics does not treat of the world. Ethics must be a
condition of the world, like logic."