[Peace-discuss] Fw: Corrupt Democrats killing the public option

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 26 13:00:19 CST 2009

Obama & the Congressional Democrats sold out to the insurance companies long
ago.  No bill that substantially reduces their profits seems to have a chance.

The federal government could buy the entire health insurance industry -- all the
companies -- for about a third of the TARP funds (and probably recover the cost
from savings in the first year).  But Obama's goal is to protect their profits,
not to change a system that produces those profits.

So it looks as though there'll be no bill at all this year.  --CGE