[Peace-discuss] urging the President not to send more troops to Afghanistan

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:53:18 CDT 2009

I don't know if you meant to do this, but I wouldn't set "immediate
withdrawal" as a litmus test for purity.

The Taliban have called for an 18th month timetable for the withdrawal
of foreign troops.

When we asked Champaign-Urbana voters to support withdrawal from Iraq,
I think the formulation was "orderly and rapid."