[Peace-discuss] Fw: UPDATE: Rachel Maddow gave PCCC a shout out!

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 19:10:53 CDT 2009

--- On Fri, 10/9/09, Adam Green, BoldProgressives.org <info at boldprogressives.org> wrote:

#yiv735054829 , #yiv735054829 tbody, #yiv735054829 table, #yiv735054829 td, #yiv735054829 font {font:10pt Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;}
#yiv735054829 td p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}
#yiv735054829 p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}
#yiv735054829 td div p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}
#yiv735054829 .X0uMP p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}

Rachel Maddow showed our petition to Harry Reid last night on national TV.
We need to get from 38,000 to 50,000 signatures before we deliver the petitions.
Can you add your name today? Click here to see the petition and the Maddow video.

Jenifer,
We got a national boost last night for our petition asking Senator Harry Reid to show leadership and make sure that Democratic senators don't help Republicans block a vote on health care.
Rachel Maddow showed our website on national TV and reported that we gathered 29,000 petition signatures in less than a day.
We're now at 38,000 and aiming for 50,000 before our petition delivery to Reid next week. Can you add your name today? Click here to see the petition and the Maddow video.
There's more news: Harry Reid responded. Unfortunately, his initial response showed that we need to keep pushing him to live up to his title of "Leader."
A Reid aide told Talking Points Memo, "Ultimately this is not a decision for Senator Reid to make. This is a decision that's going to be made by the caucus as a whole."
But...our whole point is: Harry Reid needs to lead.
We have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to pass a public health insurance option -- but only if Harry Reid makes sure that his Democratic super-majority does not side with Republicans on basic procedural things like allowing or denying a vote.
Harry Reid led the fight for Joe Lieberman to be let back into the Democratic Caucus after Lieberman endorsed John McCain for president. Now, Lieberman says he "hasn't decided" whether he will help block a vote on health care.
If Reid calls himself Majority Leader, he needs to lead -- and help senators like Lieberman decide.
Can you sign our petition to Reid today -- and help us reach 50,000 signatures? Click here.
Thanks for being a bold progressive.
--Adam Green, Stephanie Taylor, Aaron Swartz, Evan Miller, Michael Snook, and the PCCC team

Paid for by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee PAC (www.boldprogressives.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions to the PCCC are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

To unsubscribe from this email list, click here.